- Purchase of new backup generator–kept the power on at the water treatment plant during the February 2021 blizzard when so many local communities were without water.
- Secured $14,000 LCRA grant—saves 100,000 and soon 200,000 gallons of water each month
- Refinanced loan lowering interest rate—saves us untold thousands of dollars
- Secured financing for capital projects
- Secured pre-approved financing for new clarifier tank (planned future project to meet growing needs of community)
- Repaired and improved wastewater dispersal fields
- Completed water intake barge rebuild and repairs
- New SCADA system (WOWSC Water Treatment Plant computer system)
- Installed new security system
- Initiated independent Financial assessment of WOWSC done by New Gen Strategies & Solutions and implemented recommendations Creating a WOWSC Financial Policy
- Created the WOWSC Conflict of Interest Policy
- Working with SAPA (Spicewood Airport Pilots Association) to add at their cost, additional waste water dispersal area
- Continued our access to clean, safe, healthy, and affordable water
- Completed much of the WOWSC 5 year plan
*These important achievements were accomplished, all while defending your water company against several member-initiated lawsuits/petitions (essentially members suing themselves and you) and dealing with unprecedented numbers of public information requests from the supporters of the lawsuits.
Re-elect Gimenez-Nelson-Shaefer so they can continue working for you! They are honest, ethical, and dedicated volunteers who have a proven record and have worked tirelessly for you. Don’t be fooled by their opponents who are supporters of the lawsuits, have been or are directly involved with the lawsuits, or directly involved with publicly defaming our water supply company and its past and present volunteer board members.
- Roll back water and sewer rates when lawsuits end and litigation costs are paid
- Implement E-billing and auto-payment
- New water clarifier to accommodate growth of the community—loan pre-approved
- Water Treatment Plant recycling project—will save an additional 100,000 gallons per month
- Mitigation of zebra mussels
- Purchase a backup generator for the wastewater plant
- Continue our access to clean, safe, healthy, and affordable water
VOTE for JOE GIMENEZ, MIKE NELSON, RICH SCHAEFER
On or before Saturday, March 27th, 2021
Please don’t let a small group of disgruntled people destroy our beautiful peaceful community with lawsuits (which you are paying for and are the direct cause of the rate increase), falsehoods, twisting of the facts, and their personal vendettas. There is already too much fighting and extreme negativity in our society. Our neighborhood and home should be a respite from these negative forces. Let’s end this madness!
For more information: WOWSC.org, Spicewoodnews.com, www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-windermere-oaks